Aloe Vera is a small herb which stays green in colour in all the seasons. It is a type of plant which can tolerate drought conditions i.e water-less conditions like in the desert. It has thick and succulent leaves which contain gel like substance and also juice. It is being used from many years for its amazing health benefits to man. Aloe Vera gel finds its use especially for skin, face, stomach and other organs. It’s juice and gel or mild, gentle on the skin and is also non-toxic for internal consumption.
Amazing benefits of aloe vera are:
1. It possesses various antibacterial and anti-fungal chemical entities which may potentially delay or inhibit the growth of suh microorganisms which are solely responsible for food borne illness in humans and food spoilage generally.
2. It is a good natural food preservative and there by one can avoid use of harmful synthetic preservatives. hence it is used to preserve some fruits like oranges, grapes which quickly get rotten or deteriorated.
3. It is a good nutraceutical and can be used for stomach ailments, to rise immunity, diabetes, cough and cold, asthma, kidney protection, cleansing of toxins from intestines and skin and also prevent hair loss.
4. Due to high level of moisture content and less/slow drying properties, it is extensively incorporated in cosmetic products to serve as hydrating or moisturizing ingredient in liquid or creams, sun-lotions, shaving creams, lip-guards, face packs, healing ointments, and various protective creams.
5. It is also used as an ingredient in the preparation of phyto-medicines as an adjuvant and used in the treatment of various skin disorders like cracks on soles, abrasions, frost bite, insect-bites, superficial burns or sunburns, and also for rashes in babies.
Uses for face:
Alove gel is protective to face due to its soothing, protectant and cleansing properties. It can avoid skin damage due to harsh sun light, prevent microbial growth and may help reduce acne, due to moisturising properties it can prevent dryness of the skin on face. Skin facial products like aloe vera soap, cleansers, moisturizers have alove vera in their composition to provide the above qualities to facial skin..
Uses for hair:
Hair damage or loss occurs mostly due to uncleanliness and micrbial infections. Alove vera has the properties like cleansing and anti-microbial there by can help clean the hair and also reduce dandruff thereby control hair fall. Hence we can notice many hair alove vera shampoos, conditioners containing alove vera as one of the ingredient.
How to make aloe vera juice:
Aloe juice is obtained by spontaneous flow of liquid content from succulent leaves of aloe on incision. The gel is obtained by careful eliminating of upper layers of leaf. But if you are interested in making juice for consumption then refer to How to Make Aloe Vera Juice. It consist of water, amino acids, carbohydrates and to small extent fats all of which are easily digestible by body.