Coaching centers are many and growing in their number as it is a good business with raising demand by the students.
Many student opt for coaching to appear for competitive exams like IIT-JEE, All India Medical tests, GATE, GRE, CAT, IAS etc. It is no doubt a good decision to take coaching but there some factors we need to think of before to concentrate better on preparation for exam.
Because at the end of the day the extent of learning and capability to deliver during the exam matters than coaching institute or hard work done.
So here are few points to consider before selecting the coaching center for study or competitive exam preparation for best results. The coaching institute should be selected on
1. Quality of teaching: It is the quality of teaching which makes up the student ready for exam as he can prepare well and complete the syllabus. Do not just run for a coaching center just based on number of ranks achieved. Inquire for the teaching staff and their quality.
2. Quality of reading or preparation material and books: Every coaching center or institute offer some study material as mandatory step when a student joins the institute. So check out for quality of books or reading material provided.
This indicates how best the coaching institute can mend you if you join for taking their classes. They tend to cover the same reading material topic in different way but they should groom you well for competitive exam.
3. Number of students per class: Though this may seem negligible factor but the less number of students for class the more is the attention by the teacher on the students and also by the students towards teaching. So check out for number of students the institute divides for a single class. Or else if the class is so packed up it will be tough to pose question or doubts and also difficult in audibility of lecture if seated in last benches.
4. Duration of coaching: This is also another important factor. Though the institute can provide coaching for a long duration, it should also provide sufficient time for preparation before exam.
5. Cost of coaching: Coaching centers is a good business these days so they charge heavily as students have no other option but pay the fee to take their tuition in order to qualify the exams. They a build a type of obligation situation through advertisements so that even parents and students are mentally prepared to pay the heavy fee and go for coaching. But still they are variations among fee demand by different institute So check the cost and opt for affordable one’s instead of dropping off in between due to in ability to pay the fee.
6. Age of Institute: The older the institute with consistent top scores is better than an older institute with gradual decline in results. Further a new brand institute is again non-reliable. So select a coaching center with suitable age and achievements instead of just very old or very new.
7. Distance from home or place of residence: The coaching center should be as near to your place of residence as possible. This saves time for journey, exposure traffic, dust and other strains.