Human body is made up of many organ systems with various organs in them. The organs are made up of different types of tissues. These tissues are in turn made up of different groups of cells. The organ systems are very distinct with reference to their physiology and anatomical features in the body. And to most part, every organ system has only one specific physiologic function. These organ systems are similar in terms of function and anatomy starting from amphibians to higher animals. The different organ systems in human body include.
1.Skeletal system: This system is made of bones and cartilage and is meant to provide body frame, support to other organs and also protect them. This system is also involved in body movements.
2. Muscular system: This system has both skeletal muscles and also smooth muscles. They play a major role i n body active movements.
3. Respiratory system: The respiratory system is meant to oxygenate body to generate energy and also to help in excretion and metabolism.
4. Circulatory system: The circulatory system is involved in supply oxygen and nutrition to all parts of the body. Further it helps transport waste from all parts of the body to the excretory organs.
5. Digestive system: An important system to breakdown the consumed food for easy absorption of nutrients into the body.
6. Nervous system: The system which controls and regulates all the other organ systems in the body.
7. Endocrine system: This is specialized system which regulates the physiology by secretion of biochemical substances in the body.
8. Reproductive system: The system concerned with continuation of the species.
9. Lymphatic system: The minute circulation system which drains fluids from minutes spaces of the cells and tissues after blood has supplied the nutrients.
10. Excretory system: The system concerned with removal of waste and other toxic substances from the body.
11. Humoral system (immune system): This system is a natural defense to the body.