Power point presentation is necessary and a best way to deliver or present your seminar or research study to the audience. It requires no writing or drawing during the presentation and hence you spend more time in covering the topic and can complete in faster time than using a black board or interactive boards.
Further these slides can be made attractive to impress the audience or judges. A seminar is interesting to the audience if presentation gains first impression. So power points help you design an attractive and impressive presentation to keep up the attention of listeners for a long period.
Advantages of power point presentation:
- You can give brief points of your topic for the listeners to see.
- Any image or diagrammatic representations can be shown for better understanding.
- Presentation can be viewed by any number of audiences by using power point with a projector.
- Since writing is not involved during presentation, it saves time so that large amount of topic can be covered in short time in a easy manner.
- Even it is easy for the audience to remember the slide numbers where they had a doubt and ask you the doubt by referring to the slide number. This minimizes disturbance in between the presentation.
How to make a power point presentation:
In computers with windows operating system power point presentation is done using Microsoft power point software which comes in Microsoft office suite.
- First open a new power point file on to a desired disk or desktop etc. giving it a proper name.
- Then open the file and first thing is to add a slide by clicking on the center space.
- Then click on the design tab on the top to select template for your slides. If you are not satisfied from the available list. Then you can browse online for more new templates as per you requirement at http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/templates/powerpoint-templates-FX102832605.aspx.
- Once your template is selected, first add a title to the presentation and your or presenter name and others name if any required, the qualification or position in the job etc.
- Then click on Home tab and you will find a new slide option below the home tab. On clicking it, you will see options of slides like title, blank, picture, for comparison like slides. Mostly you will need blank, title+ content, pic slides to select for your presentation.
- So start filling you content in the slides with suitable slide selections. In case you need to insert pic, you will use a pic slide and on clicking the pic area it opens a window to browse for pic you want to insert there.
- You can even try to include animation for picture or diagrams to slide on to the slide during presentation as required.
- You need not worry to select slides in sequential manner. After filling the content you can shift the slides among them for proper place.
- At the end, conclude your topic with any reference if any and end with a ‘Thank You’.
- Do not forget to include slide numbers preferably at bottom.