Teachers plays a key role in education and student’s life.
A person with proper vision, experience and an education degree can enter the teaching profession.
Teaching job is a great responsibility than a mere job. It has impact on the growth and well being of the nation.
As per Madan Mohan malavia (the founder of Banaras Hindu University, the world’s second largest residential university) a teacher is
“…….IT LIES LARGELY IN HIS TEACHER’ S HAND TO MOULD THE MIND OF THE CHILD WHO IS FATHER OF THE MAN. IF HE IS PATRIOTIC AND DEVOTED TO THE NATIONAL CAUSE AND REALIZES HIS RESPONSIBILITY, HE CAN PRODUCE A RACE OF PATRIOTIC MEN AND WOMEN WHO WOULD RELIGIOUSLY PLACE THE COUNTRY ABOVE THE COMMUNITY AND NATIONAL GAIN ABOVE COMMUNAL ADVANTAGE.”
These simple lines depict the role of teacher in the society.
The teacher today is quite diverse than past and has wide role in almost every occupation.
In many cases of a successful student, there seems to be a good teacher. The relation in between seems to be very harmonious with complete dedication and affection from the teacher towards the student. This phenomenon had never been other way.
Role of Teacher in Education
Education is necessary for politicians, businessmen, artists, farmers, religious groups, students etc. for their respective career growth.
Some of the great teachers were the cause of political and industrial revolutions around the world. Their vision helped various societies to gain self-sufficiency and financial freedom.
Some of them helped in spread of knowledge and establishment of good educational institutes.
Education is vast and it has grown to a large extent in last century. Many fields in science, commerce, arts have come up and the area of study is very large. So considering these developments a
1.Teacher has to imbibe the education of his subject to a complete extent possible to deliver when needed.
2.He has to write books, articles, conduct seminars etc. to publicize the knowledge needed to the society.
3. The education system has to be designed and taught so that the learners can do some sort of service to society after attaining it.
4. The knowledge has to be imparted to pupil within short time period, in a most understandable way using effective teaching strategies like academic software.
5. He should avoid creating confusion or misrepresenting of education to students and society.
6. Due to many courses available for study, there is also good level of confusion among parents and students to select the courses of study in terms of job prospects and career aspirations. So he should guide in such a way it i beneficial to the student on the long run without just thinking of monetary gains to the school or education institute.
6. An ideal teacher has to set himself or herself as role models for upcoming teachers.
Teacher plays an important role after parents in molding the students. Students are to be handled with affection and courtesy. The students point of view must always be considered once before he apply his opinion on them.
1. An ideal teacher should be impartial, disciplined, not affected by respect, insult and at all times be courteous.
2. The teaching should be done from the level (knowledge) of learner. Then gradually upgrade to higher level and not the reverse so as to leave them empty minded.
3. Teaching should also be done by reference to standard textbooks for each topic in the subject. This helps student get complete and reliable information.
More over students should be encouraged to refer the standard books. This will help them gain more information and also enhance their comprehension and reading ability.
4. In the classroom he should provide proper encouragement for pupils. The child must feel free to approach with any questions or doubts to discuss the issues.
5. Also he should encourage them to take notes in the class. This helps them improve their writing skills, understand better and stay attentive in class.
6. Teacher has to use effective teaching strategies like chalkboard, videos, pictures, animations to impart the knowledge in an easy manner.
7. Teacher has to let the students understand the aspects of career growth, future prospects in a particular field etc.
8. When a student have some problems in behavior or thought process. Then the teacher’s role is to help student overcome the problem by showing special affection and attention on the student.
10. Teacher can solve many of the problems of the student in respect to his thoughts, behavior, career etc. The phrase that
The relationship between a teacher and student should be like a fish and water but not like a fish and fisherman.
is to be considered once by any teacher.
Give respect and take respect is the phrase for society… But in a student and teacher’s relation… It Becomes
Give affection & attention and take respect and regards from student.
Role of teachers in schools
At school, teacher is like the parent to student. He must try to see if the students are fine, healthy and active. He has to encourage encourage student to take up extra curricular activities besides studies. welfare programs with the support of his colleagues.
Students generally keep a watch on teacher’s life. So, a teacher has to maintain good set of manners and try to be a role model. This not only helps students adopt it but also improves their regard to the teacher.
In case students parents wish to meet them, the teacher must be ready to listen and cooperate with them.
Teachers should encourage student welfare program, sports, etc. Even education trips are to be included in the school life of the children.
It is common that children try to imitate their teachers out of inspiration from them. Hence, the teacher should try to balance his mindset by not showing fear, anxiety, over excitement etc. He must maintain his coolness and be of composed mind.
This implies that one should play the role of teacher with dedication, honesty, affection and patience.