What is science? a question which many of us can answer and define. In short it is a subject which describes principles & laws of nature in an experimentally proven way.
The usage of science has gone to such extent that it is
a. A accepted way to explain nature.
b. A recommended procedure to experiment on nature.
c. A best way to explore nature for human advantage. Ex: Recognition of mines and minerals inside the earth crusts through use of satellites for exploitation. Detection of changes in weather forecast for social safety from calamities.
d. A method to apply principles of nature for human benefit. Ex: Manufacturing of insulin, vaccines like essential biologicals for health care by recombinant DNA technology.
Science has gained immense value as it made many possibilities which early man could not imagine. It has reduced human effort and raised the comfort & standards of living. It even helped increase the yield of crops, meat, milk etc. Further it even helped protect man from untimely death due to diseases.
In one way science is modern marvel and wonders without which human life in present generation is unimaginable.
But this science also has immense limitations which seem that they can never be overcome by so called scientists.
What are the limitations of science:
1. Science demands experimental or observable proof. And these proofs are within the perspective of 5 sense organs. i.e. science requires proofs observable by any of these senses like visibility, noise, taste, odour, touch etc.
Science never seems to go beyond these senses. So there are many things science can’t explain in relation to death, feelings like love, anger, jealous, emotional reactions etc.
2. It tries opens and explore a path but never knows how to close or dismantle: There are so many nuclear weapons in the world that all together combined can destroy the earth by 2000 times. But scientists do not know how to neutralise or dismantle them safely.
It is the cause of huge amount of plastic and other environmental pollution but has no ways to remove these pollutants.
3. It always has some side effects or associated problems which always seem troublesome. Ex: radiation effects of cell phones which lead to disappearance of honey bees, sparrows etc. Side effects due to medicine usage in treatment for certain disorder.. These associated problems are equally harmful to the benefits they provide.
4. It always takes a short cut to reach as a focus: Ex: In health care, the body is treated as different systems like nephrology, neurology etc. But the same science discovered that a single male and female gamete form a single celled zygote. This zygote which is a single cell multiplies to form embryo and then forms entire body with billions of cells.
So all the cells have same origin but their function differs at different locations in the same body. But still all the cells function in mutual harmony When a person is suffering from diabetes, the science refers it is a malady of only pancreatic cells. But in fact it should be seen that all the cells organs might have got deranged to certain extent. So aim should be to correct the whole problem and not just mitigate malady of pancreatic cells alone.
5. Every answer it gives has many new questions with it. Every solution science delivers adds further questions and further enquiry to the scientists.
6. The best of the theories of science some times prove to be a failure. Some of the principles of science which are accepted by whole scientific world seem to not functioning at certain levels.
→For example, newtons law of gravity hold good only to certain extent in the universe. It is found that the law of gravity is not obeyed at certain higher levels of astrophysics.
→Even science believes in the theory of evolution which means first single celled microbes were born and then progressively higher animals cam into existence. But how come malarial parasite a single celled organism which lives only in mosquito, monkey and man emerge? If it has emerged well before along with other microbes, than how did it survive without mosquito, monkey and man on the earth. 🙂
7. It tries to explain things in a finite way while universal principles seem to be infinite: Science tries to imply a principle for everything saying it is finite and there is nothing more than this. But still the universe is full of new surprises daily for the science to explain.
At the end of the day still science lags way much behind in understanding the universal creation and principles.