Scholarships are offered by different countries, universities and also social bodies to promote education. This is aimed at enhancement of international education and also encourage students to take up higher studies like post-graduation, PhD and post doctoral research.
Thus scholarship’s play an important role in education system.
United kingdom (UK) is one of the important economies providing scholarships for foreign students.
Two students of Masters of Law will receive a scholarship of $4000 towards the coarse work cost.
- The student must be enrolled for Masters of Law.
- He must be an international student.
- The student must enrol for fulltime studies.
- The student enrols for first year of the LLM.
- He should not receive any other scholarships except this.
Documents to be received in the form of Pdf, Docx, Doc, JPEG and JPG.
- Undergraduate transcript copy.
- Document which shows your financial situation.
Selection is based on academic merit, financial situation and performance in interview.
Last date to apply for this scholarship is July 25th 2016.
For more information go to the website
Air Service Training scholarship opportunity:
The Air Service Training Ltd to celebrate its 85th anniversary has offered scholarship opportunity.
Rules for the Competition:
- The applicant must be the native of Scotland.
- The applicant must be between 18 to 24 years of age by October 10th
- From each applicant only one application is allowed.
- The winner of the competition will receive scholarship only for the licencing program not for the living expenses.
- The applicant must be medically fit and meet all the requirements of the licencing regulations.
- This competition is for scholarship only no alternative prize is going to present.
- Applicants should have pass Maths, English and Science subject at SCE level.
Deadline for the application:
Last date for applying is 30th August 2016.
The applicants who are interested for this scholarship should write a brief note to the below address that why they are interested to have a career of Aircraft engineer in 300 words.
The Chief Executive
Air Service Training Ltd
For more information go to the website
University of Hull, PhD scholarships.
The University of Hull is offering a PhD scholarship to work in the area of pharmacology/life sciences. The current work is to engage in research concerned about the mechanisms of lung fibrosis in autoimmunity. The project is aimed at studies of lung fibrosis a condition which leads to respiratory insufficiency and death. The chances of life of the first instance of the symptoms are not more than 4 to 5 years. So the study is aimed to find out the possible causes and any interventions possible in the area of disease.
PhD Scholarship aimed to study; Mechanisms of lung fibrosis in autoimmunity.
The program is meant for UK Students, EU Students, International Students.
The application start date is 21st December 2015 while the close date is 29th February 2016.
For more details go here
University of Hull Merit Scholarship
The University of Hull has announced Merit Scholarship worth of £ 2,000/- for students who have achieved UCAS Tariff points from three A levels.
It is paid as two installments into students bank account one on the 31st October and other on 28th February of the first year of study.
One need not apply for the scholarship but are automatically considered for the award.
For more details regarding eligibility go to hull university page.
MPhil/PhD Scholarship by University of Greenwich:
Faculty of Engineering and Science, Medway Campus offers PhD/MPhil scholarships for UK and EU students. The amount is £14,057 for three years.
1. Be a UK or EU student.
2. Should have a bachelor degree or masters in electronic engineering or physical sciences.
3. Preferably good knowledge and experience in the synthesis and design of microwave filters.
4. Should perceive PhD or M.Phil course on full time basis.
Besides this those awarded scholarship will be given tuition fee of £4052.
The starting date is 22nd of October and the last date for submission is 20th November.
For more details on scholarships and application go here.
Imperial College Business School scholarships
Imperial College Business School offers scholarships for those who take up course in their school for the year 2016. The scholarship value is £10,000.
To be eligible one needs to get admission there trough regular applications. The selection is done based on academic merit.
More details can be found at this page.
Dickson Poon Undergraduate Law Scholarships 2016
Dickson Poon Undergraduate Law Scholarship Programme invites application for scholarships for the year 2016. This is meant for outstanding new law students studying at Kings college at London.
A total of 25 scholarships are available at a rate of £5000 every year. This is meant till completion of the course there.
Besides this scholarship accommodation is also provide for the first year of LLB.
The application deadline is October 31st 2015 for the first round.
The deadline for the second round is 31st March-2106.
Those who submit after 31st October till March 31st 2016 will be considered in the second round.
For more details go through this page.
UK Govt offers Chevening Scholarships for the year 2016. This Chevening Scholarship is intended to perceive masters and PhD in U.K .
Deadline for submission of application:
Application to be submitted before 3rd Nov 2015
Areas of Study:
Areas of study, under the chevening scholarship include
- Human Rights and Peace building
- Corporate Governance
- Industry and Energy etc.
Applications can be found here
- The applicant must be the citizen of Chevening countries.
- They must be able to get visa and an unconditional offer from UK university.
- Scholarship is for one year master degree for the students intended to do in any leading UK university.
- They atleast know minimum English language.
GV Group offering scholarships:
GV (Gate Ventures) Group CEO offers scholarship for underprivileged youngsters. The students who are eligible for the scholarship can apply.
Among all the applicants, three students will be getting the scholarship.
1.The student must be the citizen of United Kingdom.
2.He must be between 18-24 of age and must be going to secondary school or sixth form college.
3.The student must be interested to go to the university in the UK.
How to apply:
You can find application here.
Deadline for submitting application:
Applications to be submitted on or before Dec 25th at 5pm(GMT)
For more details click here.
Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships
The UK department of international development funds a Split site PhD scholarship. This is meant for the students from common wealth countries perceiving PhD programs.
The scholarships helps to study in an UK university for a period of 12 months.
To be eligible, one must be
- A citizen of common wealth country.
- Be resident of a developing common wealth country.
- Must be registered for a PhD program in an university of home country.
- Must be ready to take up study in UK by the UK academic year starting from Sep-Oct -2016.
- By the sep/Oct of 2016 must be holding a degree and a masters degree.
a) Based on the academic merit of the candidate.
b) Based on the quality of proposal or project.
c) Potential contribution of the proposal to the candidates home country.
The deadline for application is 19th November 2015 by 23.59 GMT.
Scholarship from SSE Airtricity:
Here is the good news for the students of Ireland who are stepping into their third level of education. SSE Airtricity is providing scholarships for the students of North west and west of Ireland
value of the scholarship £100,000
Who can apply:
The students who wants to study any one of the subjects in STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
Currently with this program they are providing 12 scholarships for full time degree and master’s degree also for part time master degree.
Deadline for submitting application:
September 30 2015 is the deadline for applying to the scholarship for Ulster or South west college.
For more information click here.
United Kingdom scholarships include:
1.Common wealth scholarships: This is a set of scholarships offered by common wealth countries viz. Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, South Africa, South Pacific, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago and also the United Kingdom.
United kindom especially offers scholarship for master study, PhD, academic fellowships and also distance learning fellowships.
For more check out.
2. GREAT Scholarships. This is especially for Indian students offered by the British council. There are 370 scholarships to study at any of the 36 institutes in UK. These are meant for studies like engineering, Bio sciences, IT, Law, Business, Art & Design.
You can read more here
3. Rhodes scholarships. This is a set of 83 scholarships to perceive post-graduation. This is provided students of countries like Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), United States, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
* Must comply with citizenship requirements as per oxford university.
* Age limit of more than 18 years to 28 years. But the limit is up to 24 to 25 im most cases.
* Must have completed bachelors degree by october with suitably high merit to beat the competition.
The scholarship will be confirmed once the candidate gets an admission in one of the departments or faculty of University of oxford.
The rhodes scholarship is given to perceive any full time post graduate course at oxford for a period of two years. If the performance of the candidate is impressive it might be extended to one year to perceive Dphil. But those taking Master of business administration and Masters of Financial Economics are eligible for 2 years.
The last date for application is July-31st for the current session.
You can apply for rhodes scholarship here.
4. Chevening Scholarships. The Chevening Scholarships are provided by U.K for students from developing common wealth countries. This is intended for perceive of masters and PhD in U.K. For more read chevening scholarships.
5. Gates Cambridge Scholarships. These Scholarships are awarded for graduate studies & research in any of the subject available at the University of Cambridge. The students from all over the world are welcome to apply for the scholarships.
UK scholarship in 2015.
University of Sheffield Lloyds Scholars programme
This is offered for students studying at the University of Sheffield and coming from families whose homes where household income is under £25,000.
In return the students should volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year for any charity work of their choice.
The application deadline is June-15th till 5pm.
The candidate must be a resident of U.K or from EU residing in UK. Also he has to be enrolled at any of the partner universities before oct-2015 for a three or four year degree program.
For more details and application go to this link
Aston MBA India Scholarship
This is a scholarship of £5,000 offered by Aston business school for students from India aspiring to study MBA there.
The scholarship for the those willing to get admitted to full time MBA for the year 2015 is currently open.
The last date for submission of application is 28th June-2015. Besides this one is also eligible for Great Britain Scholarship worth of £6,000.
To be eligible, one should be self funded candidate and have filled the online application for Aston MBA.
The application must be sent to email@example.com.
More details can be found on Aston business school page.
Further talented students are also eligible for more MBA scholarships. The details can be found at Aston MBA scholarships.
Teesside University Doctoral research scholarship:
Teesside University offers research scholarships at a rate of £15,000 per annum. Any one from UK, European union or even international students willing to perceive PhD program at the university are eligible for the program.
Eligibility: One should have a good honors degree and Masters degree to be admitted to the program.
The last date of application is 3rd Aug-29015 at 5:00pm.
Transform Together Scholarship:
The Sheffield Hallam University offer transform together scholarships to those studying at Sheffield Hallam University. This is meant for international students and also non-UK students studying there. There are discounts and scholarship to be awarded. But a student is eligible to receive anyone of them.
The discount is at the rate of £1000 for under gradate and postgraduate students of their tuition fee.
While it is £2,250 for full time MBA students. While EU students are eligible for 25% of fee waver.
The scholarships are like 50% tution fee waver for undergradautes per year and 100% fee waver for post graduates.
Besides one can also avail other fellowships like Chevening Scholarship Scheme,Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme, NCUK Anniversary Scholarships, and for africans, Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme and for south Asian students GREAT Scholarships, Kapila Hingorani postgraduate scholarships.
For more details go here.
Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Scholarships (Liverpool Hope University)
Liverpool Hope University offers PhD Scholarships in a select areas of research. This scholarship if open for UK, EU and international students.
The university seeks confident and innovative postgradauates to take up research.
The selected disciplines are under following area
Faculty of Science: 1.Bio-sciences 2. Nutrition sciences 3. Cognitive Psychology 4. Sports Science and Bio-Mechanics 5. Mathematics and Computer Science.
Faculty of Faculty of Education:Learning about blindness.
Faculty of arts and humanities: 1. Music 2. History and Politics 3. English Language and Literature 4. Social Science and Social Work.
The deadline for full applications is Wednesday 16th September 2015.
For more detail go here.