A research paper is one which describes various aspects of research.
Some of them contain original research findings, while others just brief information and others which give a detailed review of progress in research to date.
So we can see there are different research paper formats.
But it general a research paper indicates an in-depth research finding with study methods and reliable data.
So for this, we need prior study conducted as experiments in science and technology areas. While in social and arts we need to collect material and data from the population.
Once the data and findings are ready, then we go on to make a research paper.
How to do a research paper.
A research paper has certain basics to be done like
1) Choosing the topic and collecting the information.
2) Research paper outline
3) The journal one wishes to publish or
4) Want to make a part of the thesis
5) The way to present data
6) The writing style.
If you feel writing is tedious or time taking, then I would recommend best professional research paper writers for your help.
Choosing the topic: Any research paper will be given credit based on the topic of research chosen. So one has to brain storm for good ideas for the right topic. Since there are thousands of research paper for many topics, it will be tough to choose a good one. The topic chosen should be interesting, preferably a current issue and also problem-solving. Then such research paper will get a lot of attention.
So how to choose a topic for a research paper?
i) Talk to your teachers and friends regarding any ideas they give.
ii) Also, see if any of the topics have been interesting to you from long.
iii) Search the web for newspapers, magazines, blogs, etc. for any current trending issues.
iv) Go through different publisher sites like Elsevier, Wiley publications, PubMed, WHO, NIH, UN sites, etc.
v) Go through government sites and data bases if possible.
From them make a list of few topics to choose. Then evaluate them with regards to feasibility, current interest, ability to collect information, perform studies and other conditions.
After evaluation discusses it with friends, parents or your teacher to finalize one.
Once the topic is chosen you ill be with a question of how to do a research project in case you need to collect experimental data. If not then you can go ahead with just writing to a research paper by collecting data from available resources.
2) Research paper outline: This part of the paper should be planned well as it will save a lot of time. If not one has to keep editing again to get the desired shape.
In general, the research paper outline will have
b) Research introduction
d) Results and data
I write scientific research papers, so the methods used is a must. But even in other type of paper, the a of data collection is important.
Abstract: The abstract of research paper should be short like max 300 to 500 words. It can be as a single para describing the whole thing or in parts keeping it concise. But it should tell what all the research is about and its conclusion.
Introduction: This part of the paper describes the issue, the happenings, and any problems needed to study. It also gives a statement of what and how the paper wishes to accomplish the solution.
Methods: This is the key part of the paper which tells the reliability of research paper and its content.
The better and more advanced methods we use, the more is the value and reliability to the result. So always chose methods which are well accepted, standardized before. This part of the method would include, the procedure used in the process, any requirements like software, reagents, data, books, charts, etc. used.
Results and data: This part of the paper adds weight to the paper. Any one sees (and even purchases ) for this part of the paper. So the results should be neatly mentioned in the form of tables, flow charts, diagrams, etc. They should also be explained clearly.
Discussion: This part of the paper tries to convey what the results indicate. Also how they are related to the issue. Any new questions and doubts rising out of the problem. And also the cause and solution to the problem for which study was taken up.
Conclusion: This part of the research paper is precise and short. It is meant to convey the out come of the whole research in simple terms.
References: This the part of the paper which describes the sources from where the matter was collected.
Also any third party or persons findings and studies. This part is important to make the research paper reliable and valid. Every publication or journal has a set style for reference. So one should follow it to comply with them.
3) The journal one wish to publish: If it is a college research paper, then this step might not be needed. But if you plan to publish it in a journal, then you need to choose the right journal. This depends on factors like the cost of publication, the technology used in methods, the topic of research, etc.
For example, is the topic is regarding animals, you cannot publish it in a plant related journal. Also if the topic regarding languages or ethnic groups, you cant publish it is some technological journal. So chose the journal wisely.
4) To make a part of the thesis: Some of the times a paper is also written to make it a part of the thesis. This is especially needed for Ph.D., Graduate and under graduate students. Here the paper can be as mentioned above. But since it will be like a chapter in the thesis, it should be in continuation with the rest of the thesis. The abstract may not be required while the reference can be at the last of the thesis like remaining chapters
6) The writing style: The writing style should be preferable as Modern Language Association (MLA) style. For more on MLA writing style. This writing style, in short, is a way to keep away from plagiarism. In this style, one needs to include in-text references to the original works of previous publication or research papers.
If you ask how to do a research paper in one night, then I say it is next to impossible. Because it will not be complete and free from plagiarism. Ether you have to copy and paste a lot of the matter from other papers or you have to take help of some experts. Plagiarism is unethical and also illegal so I advice stay away from it.
But you can take help from experts who offer reliable essay service on Domypapers.com.